Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lucky Litter - Part II

Very good!  I have 2 new litters!  I can't remember the last time I had more than one live litter at a time.

Zimmerman's Suzie x Jacob's is the one I talked about before who kindled 1.12.  3 sable pts.  Yay.  I was worried about how she'd react to my taking them away that night, but she is doing fine.  She was shy about getting in the box that next morning so I finished chores and came back about an hour later to see if she had fed them, and she had.  So all is well there.

Zimmerman's Lita x Sugardaddy dropped hers yesterday 1.14.  It's been so cold at night, I figured it would be a bust, but it was another lucky litter born in the afternoon.  If she had kindled at night, they'd have been kitsickles for sure because she kicked most of the nesting material out of the box and only put a little fur in there.  At least she put the kits in the box.  There's 2 torts.  She hopped right in the box when I took it out this morning and spent quite a bit of time with the kits.

I didn't know how these does would do for me.  They're older than I like, and not of my breeding, and I have no idea how long they'd been idle.  I'm a bit surprised and very pleased that they both did great right away.  Now if my own does would just get their acts together.

Chevelle's are doing great, too.  They are both bucks, and the smoke pearl is looking like he'll be suitable as a dilute brood buck.  Time will tell if I'll want to show him because I think he got his daddy's wide crown and muley ears.  The sable pt is a promising little show bunny.

64 days until Spring
tnt