Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spartanburg.

Unfortunately, turnout wasn't as good as hoped for. Possible reasons are that there are a lot of other shows at this time of year, including several breed nationals. It was decided that we'll continue with the January date unless we get snowed out again.

So how'd I do? Eh, soso. Didn't do anything in A and B. I entered 2 sure DQs and a possible DQ.

The possible was the opal buck (SVR Sterling) and he was busted in A for mismatched nails. He passed in B & C. He was BOB at his last show in Taylorsville, although the judges looked at his nails for a long long time.

Almost messed up! I picked Sterling up to put on the table in the next show and noticed long sharp dark front nails. WTH? I had clipped his as short as possible to lessen the odds for spotting the lighter nails on his front feet. I had the opal doe in my carrier! Not sure how that happened but no biggy. I knew who she belonged to. Just glad I caught it before I packed up to leave. I double-checked then, too.

Camaro has a broken toe and he was busted for it in A. Passed in B & C, and earned a BOG leg in C. Maybe a bit unethical to keep showing a DQ rabbit, but since it's not a genetic defect, I don't see a problem with it if the judges don't catch it. He now has 4 legs which is confirming his quality in my opinion. I'll keep showing him until more judges catch it than not. Hey, right now, he's the best I've got and it won't be worth attending any shows without at least the chance to earn legs.

Selia is a 75% broken and a seal. She has a bit of shading at this young age, so she passed as far as color (as a sable). She passed the broken pattern in A, but was DQ'd for over 50% in B & C. That's ok, I expected it. I like to test judges on the brokens now and then. I know as she gets older, she will turn black and it will just be her pattern at issue. Her type is worth it so I'm not going to throw her away.

Flashdance is a tiny broken black and this was her first show. She barely made jr weight at 1.5. Jamie Green gave her the BOV leg in C. He liked her!

Got home around 5pm. I like this show because it's a fairly easy drive and one of the shortest for me. Most shows are 3 hours or more. This is 2 1/2.

Next show is Lenoir City (Knoxville) and about 2 hours. Some of the farther TN shows I'm rethinking due to distance. I'll see how I feel when the time comes. I'm just not into driving very far for shows these days.

It was getting stormy as I neared home. The wind kicked up which I hate, and whipped most of the night. Dont' see much damage this morning other than some things blown around.

In other news:

The new neighbors are here. 2 beautiful horses! A grey and a chestnut. They look young and prancey. I'll get pix when they come to where I can snap them. Wolfie is fascinated. He's never seen horses before. Whipper has so he's not paying that much attention to them.