Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 19, 2013

Not much happening in the rabbitry.  I have 2 broken babies in the box, and they just opened their eyes.  That's about it for news there.

The chickies are growing fast and keeping me busy buying to keep up with them.  I only buy 20 lbs of chick starter at a time so I'm not feeding it longer than necessary.  I kicked the adults out of the pen so the chicks could have the run of it.  I moved the PVC feeder so the outside birds could reach it but I could still fill it from inside the pen.  It's sticking through the chainlink.  Because of the way it's hung, a couple of the feeder holes are inside the pen, and the older chicks are eating big bird food as well as the starter I provide in another feeder.

The oldest ones are getting on the highest roost already.  The one at the front of the line is one of my favs.  He's half Silky, half Cochin.  Super fluffy!

I decided to revive the garden blog.  From now on, garden and nature stuff will go there.  Natureschild Gardenworks

tnt