Sunday, August 2, 2009

Summertime

Once again it's been a while. Not a whole lot to talk about but I'll try and find something.

Litters are coming here and there. The new Chestnut buck is proving to be an interesting addition. So far, he is carrying self and dilute, and has even thrown what appears to be shaded. I'm very glad he's carrying what I need for the brokens so they won't be all agoutis. Now keeping my fingers crossed there will be type improvement.

My focus has changed a bit again. I decided the Sable Point program is not working that well with the brokens. I've put all the Sable Pts up for sale. While I've got some very nice patterns out of the Sable Pts, Broken Sable Pt is not great for showing. I do like Broken Tort, and almost all the brokens carry it. I'll see how that goes.

I'll still have shadeds, but will mostly limit it to the Smoke Pearls. Himis will still be around which will make Siamese Sable useful, but I won't keep many of those. In a way, it doesn't make a lot of sense to do himi and broken b/c I would be competing against myself in the same group. Thinking out loud here.

It's been a real nice summer! Not too hot, plenty of rain. It's been raining all week! I've hardly had to run the fans for the does in the shed this year and the Summer House buns are very comfortable.

tnt