Monday, January 26, 2009

1st show of the season.

Mocksville, NC. Good day. It was fun to see everyone. I did soso as far as my entries but I think I pulled a couple legs.

Back In Black (black JB) was DQ'd for white spot by the A judge. I knew about it, but since it wasn't glaring, I decided to see if he'd pass. His type is too nice! The B judge didn't see it and gave him BOSG leg. His show career may be short due to this, but I have plans for him as a brood buck for himi and broken. He was "designed" for himis.

Sweet Dream (broken blue JD) was BOSG in show A. Not sure if enough AOV does for a leg, but I think so.

There were 5 itty bitty sia sable JBs. It was so cute to see these little guys all lined up. All about the same age of 3 mos, so there must have been a sable baby boom. All the same degree of cute! Mine placed 2/5 in A and 3/5 in B. A man who had bought sables from me a few years ago was begging me for that little buck. I haven't decided yet if I will keep him. I will grow and show him. Been quite a while since I showed a sable.

Himi JB did better than I thought he would. He's weak in the shoulders, but managed a BOSV in B.

My beloved Paint Job didn't fair as well. He tenses up and his faults show when he does that. He looks so nice when he's relaxed in his cage. Definitely the best pattern that day.

Same for Dot.com. I know he lacks in HQ type, but he is the coolest broken ever and I like to show him off.

Got done pretty early and was home before dark. Weather held out for us. Very nice on both sides of the mts. Last year, I chickened out on this show due to the snowy forecast. Skating over the mts does not appeal to me.

Yesterday, I got 8 does bred. Yay! For a change, every single doe was up for it and very eager. It was a nice day and maybe they can feel spring is not far off. Bucks were happy, too. Much macho thumping going on out there. I have a couple more to breed, but their bucks were occupied so I'll try them today.

Wellheck. I broke a tooth on the jerky I bought at the show. I got a pack of both venison and rabbit jerky...real tasty. I just saw my dentist last week and thought he wouldn't have to see my mouth again for 6 mos. Grrr.

Looking forward to the Triple Crown in Spartanburg this weekend.

tnt